Pages

Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Why Does God Love Us So Much?

Dear Family & Friends:

Here is my past week:

6/26 Monday
Tonight we started the no smoking program with Ken! He is ready and excited to get rid of his habits and addictions! We also saw Brenda and Tracy! Brenda told us that she is addicted to genealogy now and spent 8 hours that day working on it haha! We weren't able to go to the temple last week, so hopefully, we can make it this week!

6/27 Tuesday
Today was a tough day. President called and asked us to go to a missionary’s apartment and tell the missionary to pack his bags because he was getting emergency transferred. He wasn't too happy to say the least but it is the last thing that can be done to try to save this elder. After he packed, he spent the rest of the day with Elder Bird and I and then we dropped him off with a set of missionaries that will be his companions. We pray all goes well for him.

6/28 Wednesday
We had an office staff meeting today and we found out that the elder we were with yesterday will be going home. It was super disappointing. We went and saw Brian and Tracy tonight. It has been long time since we saw them and so it was good to catch up with them. They asked if we could come teach them again!

6/29 Thursday
I was on exchanges today with Elder Goad! We taught a lady from the Philippines and a guy from Iran it was pretty cool. The guy from Iran was super weird.  He loves the Mormon Church more than anything, but he just doesn't want to be baptized haha.

6/30 Friday
Not much for today except we did another emergency transfer shifting.

7/1 Saturday
I was with Elder Heahnel today. We had a great day and taught 5 or 6 lessons. We taught the Myers boys today about the Book of Mormon.  As we taught and testified, I felt the Spirit and I felt my love grow for the many blessings God has given us especially the scriptures! A question I ponder on a lot is, “Why does God loves us so much?” I think about Christ's life and his Atonement, the gospel in our lives, the blessings of the priesthood, the scriptures, our families, the list goes on and on and I am marveled at the list of things God has done to show us his love and there truly isn't a complete answer of why but I am truly grateful that He does!

7/2 Sunday
I awoke in the middle of the night to, "Call, watch out, Elder, Elder Call, watch out!" I was like what the heck is going on, so I say, "What? Elder Bird what are you taking about."
He said, "Someone just got hit by a car" and was then right back to sleep. It was super weird haha. This morning I asked him about it and I guess he was having a dream about it... it was pretty funny.

Ken came to church and is still going strong with no alcohol and no smoking! Janice is doing well, also!

Have a great week!
Love,
- Elder Call NLVWM

No comments:

Post a Comment