Pages

Monday, April 2, 2018

Things I KNOW

3/27 Tuesday
Transfers were today and everything went well. We found out that the other elders were going to be moving out of our apartment and it would just be me and my new companion. My new companion has been out for 10 months and is from Maui Hawaii. He is a convert to the church and was baptized at 15. He is super awesome and a great missionary. Tonight was an interesting one haha. It started off by a less active lady trashing on the church and then we saw some success finding a new investigator named Juan. Juan is 17 years old and has many friends that are Mormon. He said he hadn’t thought much about the church, but he wants to check it out. That great contact was then followed with another person bashing the church. We had a decently long discussion with him and we bore some powerful testimonies and said a prayer with him. After that we were able to place a Book of Mormon with a super nice guy named KT. Elder Rivera has a strong testimony and so do I. The second man  we were talking to, told me that he wanted me to go away for a week and just study anti-Mormon stuff on the internet and followed that up with “there is people, the internet, and God if I want to know truth I should go to the source of all truth!” I know God is truly the source of all truth and He has given us the opportunity to know for ourselves the truthfulness of the restored gospel. I know God answers prayers and He has answered mine! I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God; I know that the Book of Mormon is true and I know that my family will be together forever!
Elder Call & Elder Rivera

3/28 Wednesday
Today was a great day! We had some good finding time, as well as, we taught a couple lessons. The first lesson we taught was with Roxanna. It had been awhile since we had seen her and she is still struggling a lot with being a single parent and trying to work and go to school at the same time. The gospel really could help her out, but she is having a hard time seeing that. We also had a lesson with Alex and Anna. This lesson was a little embarrassing. They let us in and said to come eat with them, so we sat down at their table and they gave us some orange juice. Elder Rivera accidentally knocked his glass over and sent orange juice everywhere. We followed that by me just getting a random bloody nose. Haha It was a little rough, but the Spirit was there and they loved what we had to say.

3/29 Thursday
Today we had a special meeting as a zone with President Walker talking about Priesthood Keys and the importance of alignment. It was great. We had a pretty good night. We contacted a less active and she has a 9-year-old son and we want to start teaching him and she said she needed a few days to think about it. Hopefully that works out!

3/30 Friday
This morning, first thing we had a lesson with a girl named Sky. She is in her early twenties and has two kids. We taught the Restoration to her and it was pretty good. We also had a lesson with Dave (Gilmore). Gilmore is quite the guy to teach. Every time we teach him, his dentures keep falling out over and over and then he finally just takes them out, but then he is super hard to understand, haha so he puts them back in and that just goes on repeat. We went tracting for a little while and had some decent success finding a couple potential investigators.

3/31 Saturday and Sunday
General conference was great today! It’s was amazing to hear the prophets and apostles speak. I walked away with a lot of great things. We did not watch it at the Stake Center except for Priesthood Session. All other sessions we watched at member’s homes. I was quite surprised by the changes, but
I am excited for them because I know that they will help both of the wards I serve in.

No comments:

Post a Comment