Pages

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Great Week

February 5th-12th

2/5 Monday
Today was a pretty normal day. We went shopping and bought 180 dollars’ worth of groceries haha! We will be eating well. We also went to Goodwill Thrift Store and found some diamonds there. They have some of the ugliest ties I have ever seen but the fatter the better! (See picture). We got in with a former investigator tonight and taught him the Plan of Salvation. The spirit was super strong and I know he felt it!  We asked for a return appointment and he declined, which I was just shocked about. It was kind of a bummer.

2/6 Tuesday
Today was a solid day. For District Meeting this morning we worked on asking inspired questions. We all learned a lot and the missionaries loved it. Not too much happened this afternoon, but tonight was really good. Elder Goold was able to place several Book of Mormons and we started an exchange with the Spanish Elders in our district. I will be serving with Elder Delgado tomorrow. He is from Colombia.

2/7 Wednesday
Today was great, I love serving in the Spanish areas. We taught quite a few lessons and in one of them I couldn’t understand the dudes Spanish at all, so I almost fell asleep. haha Seriously, though it was bad. We hit up a little taco stand which was straight fire!

2/8 Thursday
Today, we weekly planned, as usual and tonight we had a lesson with the Maynard family. It was really good, we had the dad, who is a nonmember, say the closing prayer. We asked their little girl how she felt and she said, “If you were allowed to open your eyes during a prayer, you would have seen me smiling!”

2/9 Friday
We had a lesson with Lomax! She is such a sweet heart haha! I love her so much and she honestly is so fun to teach! We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it.

2/10 Saturday
Today, I was on exchanges with Elder Smith. He is super and we saw some serious miracles!  We taught Vernon today and set him with a date for March 17th! We reset the Gotchys for March 10 and we hope to set Lomax for March 3. We taught Lomax again today and she was like, you know I feel like these people that will go to the Celestial Kingdom will get resurrected first! Hahaha no way! It was so funny!  She taught us the first and second resurrection. Lomax was like you know boys, I can honestly say, I love you! She then said she wanted to keep in touch with us after our missions.

2/11 Sunday
Today was great. Lomax came to church and loved it. I thought she was going to shout amen or hallelujah as we were singing “I Know That my Redeemer Lives.”  We had a ‘Be a Friend Sunday’ and we got several super solid leads of people to start teaching! Tonight we got transfer calls and Elder Goold and I will stay together another transfer!!

Exciting stuff!

Love,
Elder Call


No comments:

Post a Comment