Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Good Times in the MTC

Family and Friends,

Elder Couch and Elder Call at Provo Temple
The MTC is a good time. The first few days were the longest days of my life! I wasn't sure if the 3 weeks would ever end haha. Now the days fly by and are filled with amazing experiences. My companion’s name is Elder Couch and he is from Virginia.  He enjoys hunting, fishing, and trucks!  The first question he asked me after he found out I liked fishing was, “If you had to choose one bait to pitch for the rest of your life what would it be?” you could say we get along really well haha!! He is really easy going and is way fun to be around.  My district consists of 11 elders and no sisters. 6 of us are going to Las Vegas West and the rest are going to the Rancho something California mission. We get lots of work done but still have a good time.  We are all way different but we are building a relationship which helps us in our learning.  We have two investigators right now and after teaching one of them we feel useless but after we teach the other investigator we feel that we could convert the entire world. Our one investigator doesn’t accept anything we tell her, but the other one has felt the Spirit reading in the Book of Mormon and accepted the invitation to prepare for baptism. My district has the most amazing teachers on planet earth. Brother Armstrong is from New Zealand and we are his last district he will teach and then he is heading back to continue to grow his business in New Zealand.  Sister Merrill is from California and served in Detroit. She is extremely knowledgeable in PMG (Preach My Gospel).
Ben's District at the temple 8/3/2016

Elder Schmidt (DL) and Elder Call
The funniest story of the week was the other room in our district left their door open in the middle of the day so we took all of their ladders and chairs and hid them in our room. Elder Wells is a larger kid and about 5 ft flat and he sleeps on the top bunk so he was super worried where his ladder had gone because he didn’t think he could get up there without a ladder.  So he went from dorm to dorm that night asking where he could get more ladders and chairs. I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time. I haven’t changed much..... hahahaha



My lost wallet was found in a pair of pants hanging in my closet which I had checked several times. There are a ton of Las Vegas West missionaries, I know of three districts that have at least half Vegas missionaries.

I went to the temple this morning and ate at the cafeteria in the temple, it was way better than MTC food. It reminded me of how bad I miss Mom and Hannah’s cooking. Exercise time is never long enough, I play basketball the whole time and love it.

Star Valley Kids: Elders Sam Moffat, Brigg Hoopes & Ben Call
It is amazing what you can learn about the scriptures in a week of straight studying.  I love when I can answer a question by immediately knowing where to turn in the scriptures.

I love all of you and hope you are doing really well.

Elder Call      

No comments:

Post a Comment