Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Called to Serve

For 18 years I have sung the words to the song "I Hope They Call Me On a Mission" diligently and happily.  But, there is a point in a teenage boy's life where he has to decide whether or not to serve a mission.  As probably most of the young men thinking about serving missions do, I too had some concerns and/or doubts about serving a mission. Two years is a long time, I would miss my family, and all the other little things that at that point in time we think are a big deal.  But over the last few years I have had life-changing experiences that have been extremely hard, yet so amazing all at the same time.  Each trial I faced, I came out with a stronger testimony that God loves me and knows me.  I have realized that we have been given so much and we do so little.  I have realized that two years is nothing compared to eternity.  I have realized that a mission is paying off a small part of a large debt.  I have realized that if Christ could give His life for me I could give him two years of my life.  When I made the final decision to serve a mission I instantly felt more happy.  I was excited.  I had no more doubts about serving and knew that everything was going to be just fine.


April 5th, 2016

Dear Elder Call:

You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  you are assigned to labor in the Nevada Las Vegas West Mission.  It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.

You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, July 27, 2016

All of my siblings have gone on missions and I have seen the change that it has on their life and I want that change in my life.  There are things that I know that I will not be able to learn anywhere else besides the mission.  As I have felt the spirit in my life, I often feel bad for the people who will not accept the Spirit.  I am so glad that I will be able to go teach the people in Las Vegas the gospel and help them feel the Spirit and partake in the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  For I know that there is only one way to have eternal life and to live with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ again.


No comments:

Post a Comment