Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Happy Life

Well, I decided I wanted to be on good terms with Mom when I went home, so I decided to write a good letter! Happy Mom, happy life; mad mom, bad life. Anyway, here it goes. This is the last letter I will write as a missionary. Next week I will not be writing on transfer day.

July 16 Monday
Tonight was great. We taught Chris and Cipriana. It was a spiritual lesson and it was another testimony of God’s perfect plan. Elder Rabago shared with us how the last four years he has been prepared by God to be where he is. The reason that four years is significant, four years ago the Weiland’s and the Bovill’s meet and little things have happened to be where we are today. Elder Rabago is a little older (24) and four years ago he began his steps back to activity in the church. Chris and Cipriana are all set to be baptized on July 27th, exactly two years from the day I first put that little black square on my chest that reads:
                       Elder Call
         The Church of Jesus Christ
               Of Latter Day Saints.
I am excited for them to be part of the church, that I know to be true and to be followers of the Savior, that I know lives.

July 17 Tuesday
Tonight we were able to teach a part member family! They are actually the next door neighbors to Chris and Cipriana. Towards the beginning of the visit we made the connection that I know Brother Gurlide’s parents from a previous area in my mission! I remember his parents telling us about their wayward sons and how they wish they would come back! Hopefully, tonight was a start. We taught them a very simple plan of salvation lesson and the spirit was present as we testified to their family that they can be together forever!

July 18 Wednesday
Today I was on exchanges. I was out of my area serving with an Elder that struggles to work, so I felt I was dragging him all day today haha. It ended up being a successful day and we were able to teach a lesson to one of the investigators they have that is progressing towards baptism.

July 19 Thursday
Well I haven’t said much about this, but it has been a pretty big part of my last transfer, so I am going to mention it. Elder Rabago for the last 4-5 weeks has gotten pretty darn sick. We have gone to the doctors and they have a good idea about what he has, but have to do a procedure to be 100 percent sure. The soonest available appointment for the procedure was on July 27th, the same day as the baptism. In the meantime, Elder Rabago has been dropping almost 2 pounds a day and weighed in at 134 today. He started out just above 160. He is a beast and is still working hard. They have tried to send him home twice now but he refuses. It is still up in the air but we are praying hard for him. He is starting to tire out super-fast during the days because he is not able to eat much of anything. Well other than that, we went over the baptismal interview questions and things seem that they will be all good!

July 20 Friday
Nothing too crazy happened today. We tracked into a lady that Elder Rabago had previously talked to and she was super nice. She struggles with a lot of things but has a desire to improve her life, as well as, get her son who is 3 on the right track. We gave her a Book of Mormon and invited her to church. Elder Rabago was able to eat more today than he has been able to in a long time which was really good and much needed.

July 21 Saturday
Today was a long one. We had a lesson with a super awesome family that Elder Couch and I tracted into on exchanges a little while back. They are having a baby within the next week so it will be hard to meet with them but they said they will make it happen! Other than that we had one other lesson where right at the start our investigator started freaking out because he was pissed because they didn’t have any bottled water. After kicking some of his kids toys across the room he settled down and his girlfriend drove to the store and bought him some water. Needless to say he needs a little Spirit in his life.

July 22 Sunday
Church was great! The talks were great and the spirit was felt. Chris got up in gospel Principles and started drawing out a visual for the class haha. I had a little flash forward of him teaching the class one day! They are still drinking coffee so we got to cut that. We also heard they have had some of their friends reach out to them tell not to get baptized and sending them anti material. Things are still a little up in the air but things should work out. We taught Aubrey the principle of agency. And a family that we have been trying to meet with since I have been in the area showed up to church today and we set an appointment to teach them this week!

I love serving the Lord and I have a strong testimony of agency. In 2 Nephi chapter 2, it talks about being free to choose captivity and death or liberty and eternal life. Liberty and eternal life may at first be temporarily inconvenient but then the reward. The other is temporary pleasure then the misery. Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the light!!!

Love,
Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment