Pages

Monday, October 23, 2017

Tools in God's Hand

Dear Family & Friends:

10/17 Tuesday
Today was a needed day! This week, in the mission, we are having not a push but a focus finding new investigators! As a MLC we set a goal for 225 new investigators this week. It will be a stretch but I know we can do it and I am stoked to work towards that. The District Meeting, I attended was really good! The elders in the district were super excited and were on fire. We all left spiritually lifted and encouraged. Elder Jensen and I set a goal today to find two new investigators and man did we see miracles! The first one to mention is we went and saw an inactive family and that was alright, but right after that we crossed the street and started talking to a man who is actually an inactive member! He went inactive when he was around 18 but still has a very strong testimony. Elder Jensen, asked him if he had been feeling a stronger desire recently to return to activity.  As tears welled in his eyes, he said, "yes, yes I have."  Wow, it was so powerful! We then asked what we could do to help him. He just told us that he needs to make time to visit with us and get back into it. He was a super great guy! At eight thirty we still had not reached our goal of finding a second new investigator and we were at correlation meeting. We asked our Ward Mission Leader if we could end a little bit short, so we could have time to reach our goal. At 8:40 we prayed and asked, where are we needed. We felt prompted to go to a former investigators house. We knocked and her sister answered. She was very apprehensive at first and as we started talking she opened up to us she said that she wanted us to pray for her because her pastor told her she could not be forgiven nor saved... we testified of the Atonement and set up a return appointment. As we walked away, we received confirmation that we were tools in Gods hand!

10/19 Thursday
A scare... today I almost got beat up, hardcore. Elder Jensen and I are cruising down the street and there is a group of people outside. They were all in their early twenties and all black, there were probably 6-7 of them. I talk with everyone I pass, but for some reason, I just said, “hello” and was going to keep walking. One of the guys stepped in front of us and said "give me five dollars" I said, “nope, sorry but I will give you something worth way more than five dollars.” He interrupted and said I am hungry (he said he was hungry, but I think he was “hangry” haha) give me five dollars. This escalated very quickly when he pointed at Elder Jensen and asked do you have five dollars on you right now. He said no. He pointed at me and asked and I said, “yes, I do.” He flipped out and started yelling and swearing at me. I honestly thought I was going to get punched. I thought, well, if I am going to get punched, I am going to take like a man haha. Thankfully, it cooled down a little bit and we started walking away towards the end of the dead end street, because we wanted to visit someone and it blew up again, because they wanted us to get off their "block." A lady, from the next house over, started yelling at them and told us to go inside and that she was a member. We told her to not yell at them and it wasn't a big deal and her son came out and wanted to file a report and so we told him we didn't want to file a report but he didn't care... haha.  We made our visit and we walked past those people again. A lady called us over and we started talking to her and she was a member and the guy that was going to beat us up came out again and asked for a Book of Mormon.  Elder Jensen gave him one and he said, "thanks I have been looking for one of these."  He opened it up and saw the picture of Christ and started to yell at us again because Jesus is black, not white... it was crazy!

10/20 Friday
Today, I was on exchanges with Elder Olsen.  We had a super good day! We found a family that is super awesome! We taught them about eternal families and the power of the Book of Mormon! They were very excited and very interested! Walking away from that, we both said there is nothing that we would rather be doing!

10/21 Saturday
I served out in Pahrump today with one of the super new missionaries in the mission! We had a great night and were able to teach and find many!

10/22 Sunday
We had stake conference today! One of the ladies that spoke talked about how it is important to have the temple in our sights. Both her and her husband were very far off course.  Her husband had been locked up for a while and she was not living correctly either. The Atonement is real and they we're able to make it! It was a powerful story!

I am starting to get cold in the evenings.  Anytime it is under 70 degrees, I get chilly. We found seven new investigators this week, which was way fun!

Love,
Elder Call


No comments:

Post a Comment