Pages

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Lots to Learn

Dear Family and Friends:

4/18 Tuesday
Today in District Meeting we talked about how when you are obedient to God’s commandments, the Spirit will be with you and when the Spirit is with you, miracles may come. So exact obedience brings miracles, thanks to the Spirit! As a mission we have been pushing and encouraging sacrifice and obedience. This last month the mission had 55 convert baptisms! The mission hasn't seen that in years! It is exciting to be a missionary in Las Vegas! We saw the Russo's again tonight and brother Russo will receive the Priesthood soon and then Harbor’s baptism will soon follow!

Almost forgot...
Today after District Meeting we went to Firehouse Subs and Elder Beccari said he would pay for my lunch if I let him put any hot sauce he wanted on one half of the sandwich. I agreed to the deal, knowing that I was going to be hurting because Firehouse is known for their variety of hot sauces. I enjoyed my first half of the sandwich but no more than two bites in I couldn't take it! I was hurting super bad and I kept drinking more and more water... I still am not sure what was worse the tingling numbing in the mouth or the extreme belly pains from drinking sooo much water! The best part was Elder Beccari didn't think it would be that bad and so he put it on his sandwich and he was crying as well, haha!

4/19 Wednesday
Went on exchanges with Elder Bassett today! He is from South Carolina and is a great guy! I asked him what his hobbies were and I got an answer I never have gotten before! Origami and Star Wars Legos. He has been serving for 21 months. We had a lesson with a less active lady and talked about the spirit world and heaven because she asked about her father, who is not living the way she would like to see, and wanted to know what was going to happen to him. Afterwards she asked why live the way Christ wants us to now if we will have a chance repent in the next life. We asked her a question in response to her and I posed this question to myself after pondering on the lesson: “What blessings in my/your life come because of the knowledge and faith we have?” A list could go on forever.

4/20 Thursday
Today we met with a girl that was baptized about a year ago that has been less active for a few months now. She has a lot of faith and love for Christ. Her family wasn't supportive but she knew the gospel had been restored. She said she would come to church! So hopefully she comes!

4/21 Friday
I was on exchanges with Elder Beccari from Brazil today! He is a great missionary and was called as a district leader and so I am excited for him! We saw Brother Campbell and he was doing well! It was good to catch up with him! He is working towards the temple!

4/22 Saturday
We did a lot today! We were called into a move and then during that we went and helped shovel a bunch of rocks. We didn't have enough time to change and so we did it in our pros clothes. I love doing service and helping people out! I had a meeting with President today and he called me to be one of the AP's in the mission.... I have no idea what President is thinking. There are a lot of missionaries that should be the AP.  I am super scared and nervous. Tonight we had dinner with kind of the Mom in the area, Sister Hamilton! The Hamilton’s are the nicest people ever!  We had a 5 course meal haha. Shrimp cocktail, salad, sorbet to clean mouth, steak and potatoes, and then dessert. Wow, it was good but I wasn't able to eat much. Official transfer calls were tonight I will be headed to Redrock Stake in the Pueblo and Town Center wards! My companion is going to be Elder Evanson! Elder Evanson is from Canada and has been out 21 months he is a really good missionary.  I will be able to learn a lot from him. People are as shocked as I am because I have only been a district leader for 6 weeks.

4/23 Sunday
Our church day started early. We had to wake up at 5:30 so we could get ready for Ward Council. Krew passed the Sacrament today and it touched me to see such a great change in his life! I found out that one of the wards I am going to is Krew’s grandparents ward and so every time Krew and his family go to church with their grandparents, I will get to see them!
Elder Evanson & Elder Call

4/24 Monday
I am now with Elder Evanson and Elder Nicholas. We had a great day and are always super busy. Tomorrow we are picking up the new missionaries and Elder Nicholas will be leaving. Today we talked to a lot of people and set up some return appointments.  My head is going a thousand miles an hour... we have a ton of things that I never had to worry about haha! Elder Nicholas and Elder Evanson are extremely good missionaries and I have a lot to learn and I am excited for the challenge!

4/25 Tuesday
Spending today with the new missionaries!

I love you all!
Elder Call
Elder Jensen, Elder Pederson, Elder Ebert, Elder Call, Elder Price

Rodartes Family


The Headlee Family

Elder Pederson, Brother Headlee, Elder Call

No comments:

Post a Comment